Art store FAQ's
Q: What supplies do I need and how much will it cost?
- A: You will need drawing, oil painting, and mixed media supplies to learn and start your new career. You can supply lists for each part of the program here. https://www.milanartinstitute.com/mastery-program-art-supplies
- This list shares both the required and optional supplies you’ll need for the program. The minimum cost for the whole year will be around $75 for drawing supplies, $400 for oil supplies, and $300 for mixed media supplies.(subject to vary) You can also buy supplies as you need them throughout the program.
- You will need drawing and oil supplies for the first 4 months of the program. Mixed media supplies will be needed after that and for the remainder of the year. These supplies will last you throughout the whole program and into the start of your career.
Q: I have a specific question about your program. Can you help?
- A: Thank you so much for your interest in the Milan Art Institute! For inquiries relating to the Milan Art Institute and programs please visit their main site here.
- You may contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: What type of varnish do you recommend for an acrylic painting?
- A: Gloss oil or Damar varnish from any brand or Gamvar from Gamblin.
Milan Art Store Account
Q: How do I create an account?
- A: Please visit https://www.milanartstore.com/account/login to make an account with us.
Q: I'm having issues logging into my Art Store account. What can I do?
- A: To reset your password, please visit here
- Note: Accounts only allow for one email. If the original email used setting up your account was incorrectly spelled, password reset may not be received. In this case you will need to create a new account with your correct email.
Q: I made a mistake on my billing details. Can I update?
- A: So sorry to hear. Unfortunately, after an order is placed, we are unable to edit billing details. You may provide your order number and we can verify the order is successful.
Q: Where can I find my order confirmation? OR I have not received an order confirmation.
- A: We want you to stay informed along with your order. Please know that all notifications are sent via email when your order is processed. Sometimes, emails may go to spam. Please double check your inboxes.
- If you are unable to find, please contact us with the order details such as the ship to/bill to name and address, phone number, email address (and alternatives), date of purchase, and items ordered. We then can attempt to find and make a change to your email address, if needed.
Q: Can I update the shipping address on my order?
- A: We want to ensure that you get your items. Please reach out to us with your order number and confirm the shipping address. Please keep in mind that if an order has already been fulfilled and shipped, we are unable to update shipping information. If an address update is needed after shipment occurs, please reach out directly to the mail carrier for rerouting.
Q: Can you make a price adjustment to my order?
- A: Please know prices are subject to change without notice. Orders cannot be adjusted after payment is placed.
Q: Why does an item say on back order ?
- A: Good question. Please know that depending on availability of materials and order demand at any given moment, certain products will be considered out of stock. Please know kits may take time to be replenished as they are manually updated. If an item says on back order, please forgive any delay and continue to check back on the items page. Certain items are offered separately for purchase. We recommend purchasing sooner rather than later to avoid any delay. Thank you for your understanding.
Q: I need to cancel my order. Can you help me with this?
- A: Please contact customer service with your order number, contact information and reason for cancellation. Please keep in mind that if an order has already been fulfilled and shipped, we are unable to cancel. Note: some items may not be eligible for cancellation. These include discounted, final sale, customized items, and E-Gift cards.
Q: What type of payment methods do you offer?
- A: Customers can choose to pay via credit or debit card, ShopPay and other 3rd party methods. Payment must be in full when using a card. We do not accept multiple cards for purchases. Please note we DO NOT accept Net Terms. Please see the cart page for the specific options.
Q: I have an issue regarding payment method used on my order. Can you help?
- A: Apologies for the issue. We can look into your order and provide what we can from our side. Further assistance may be required for customers to reach out to their designated 3rd party payment provider or bank.
- A: If you are having technical difficulties when checking out, please ensure that you are entering card information correctly. Or, please ensure that your web browser is fully updated. If problems still prosit, try your purchase on a different browser or device.
Q: What is ShopPay?
- A: ShopPay is a 3rd party provider that allows customers to pay for their purchases with installments. Choose Shop Pay at checkout and pay in full or in 4 interest-free installments for orders between $50 and $3000. *Subject to eligibility check and approval. Estimated payment amount excludes taxes and shipping fees. Notice to California Residents
- If a customer has an outstanding balance or late payments, ShopPay may deny customers for this type of service. Please reach out to ShopPay directly for assistance.
*Note: E-gift cards are not auto applied to your order. Customers must enter before submitting payment on the checkout page*
Q: I'm having issues with my discount code. Why?
Sorry to hear that you are encountering an issue. The following may be the reason why:
- Discount may have expired or may have been a one time use.
- Discount code was not entered or applied correctly.
- Discount does not apply to the certain item any longer or the item has gone out of stock.
- An item might not be able to be shipped to your location.
- You are attempting to combine more than one discount.
Q: Can I apply a discount to a past order? Or can i use a different discount?
- Please understand that discounts and orders cannot be adjusted after payment is placed.
Q: Do you offer international shipping?
- A: Yes! We ship to our students all over the world. However, please know that international customers are responsible to pay Duty and VAT/Customs fees directly to the carrier at the time of delivery. Your order is your agreement and understanding that it is the customers responsibility to pay any Import Tax & Duty Fees. Milan Art Store is not responsible for delays or losses due to non-payment due for custom's fees to international agencies.
- Shipping services paid when making a purchase does not include Tax and Duties.
- Each order is checked before shipment. Milan Art Store is not held responsible for delays, losses/damage of packages/items and issues of the carrier. Please contact the mail carrier on the claim process for international shipping issues. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for understanding.
Q: I received notification that my items were delivered, but I have not received. Can you please help?
- A: Carriers give notification when packages are delivered. Please check around your residence, with neighbors, apartment/condo office, and package rooms for possible delivery locations. You may click on your tracking number and read any specific details left by the mail carrier to aid in your search. If you are unable to locate your package, please contact the mail carrier for more information. Please know we cannot see more details other than what the tracking number provides. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
Q: My package has not been received or is past the estimated delivery date. What is going on?
- A: We understand that you are awaiting your items. Please know all carriers are working hard during this time to deliver all packages on time. Please know carriers may be delayed for a variety of reasons that are out of our control. For the most up to date details regarding transit, please review tracking.
- Customers are responsible for entering valid mailing addresses. Milan Art Store is not responsible for undeliverable, delayed, lost or unclaimed packages. Please contact your mail carrier for delivery issues.
Q: I want to make a special request or update on my shipment. Can you help?
- A: Please know once an order has been fulfilled and shipped, we are unable to make any changes. Customers will need to contact the mail carrier directly for shipping concerns.
- While we attempt to include special requests or notes on an order, please know that carriers may not review. Customers will need to contact the mail carrier for delivery or transit arrangements.
Q: Why is my package delayed in customs?
- Please know some countries custom authorities require the receiver to provide their tax id or passport information for clearance purposes. The customer is responsible for ensuring this is updated and provided to customs and mail carrier.
- Region or country specific regulations. Factors affecting a delay in customs are out of our control.
Q: My package was returned to sender or says undeliverable. Why?
- A: Apologies for the inconvenience! Customers are responsible for reviewing tracking updates and notices from mail carriers. Please know that mail carriers might leave notices for undeliverable packages and hold at their respected location for a small amount of time for pick up (this includes packages sent to PO Box Addresses). If package is not claimed within 7-10 days, this may result in package being returned to sender. Please contact your local Post Office for hours of operation.
- Milan Art Store is not responsible for undeliverable or unclaimed packages. Original shipping charges are not refundable. If re-shipment is needed, the customer will need to pay for cost. Please contact customer support for more information.